Wow. It's amazing how the right tools make a job so much easier! We invested in a framing nail gun. This made the job of framing the wall so much easier. I was never strong enough to hammer the nails through the studs with the other walls we put up. But I am proud to say I helped put this wall up with this little beauty!
We cut away the flooring this time to make room for the wall to go up. We are getting smarter! In the kitchen we pulled up the floor and relayed it. This was a lot easier. This room was originally set up for a formal living room and dining room. That is not my style so we will have a snob room and a family room separated by a wall. That way my back room can be messy and the front room always have the appearance of a nice clean home.
We finished the drywall today. Tomorrow I will put up the mud. I can't wait until we can paint this room. The color is not the worst orange I have ever seen, but I am ready for some nice clean walls. (Did you notice the popcorn ceiling is gone?)
No comments:
Post a Comment