It has been a little while since we have done anything to the inside of the house. Since the weather has been nice we have been working on the yard. We have ripped out a lot of dead trees and planted 8 new fruit trees. We still have A LOT of yard work to do. I decided this week that we need to focus on one project at a time and get them finished. So back to the inside of the house we go.
We started trying to draw out plans to put a wall up to separate the large room you first walk into. My husband and I could not agree on where we wanted to put the opening to lead to the family room. He wanted the opening right when you walked into the house. I told him I didn't like that because of where the opening of the kitchen is.... DUN DUN DUN... As I continued to put my foot in my mouth, I started telling him the only way I would go for his idea would be to move the doorway to the kitchen. I think he loved the idea of more work :)
This is how the kitchen currently looks. We had plans to rip out the sink and dishwasher and make an island. I was never in love with where this was going to be so I hadn't pushed to get this done. (You can see through the opening the front door, and how when you first walk in you can turn into the kitchen)
Here is a mock up of the new plans. Now this is a very bad depiction. I mine as well have had a picture and a magazine and cut a pasted to make this picture but you get the idea right? What we plan to do is shift the cabinets, stove and microve down the wall and board up where the opening to the kitchen is now. Then we will place the new walkway/opening to the left. This will make it so when you first walk into the house you either go into what I tease is called the Snob Room, or walk straight back through the hallway to get to the rest of the house. We will still create an island with the sink and dishwasher but we will turn it a different direction than orginally planned. I finally like the idea of where the island will be and what it will look like. So let the work begin! Actually I convinced my husband to finish the main room before we tackle the re-rehaul of the kitchen.

No comments:
Post a Comment