We bought goats! I would have never thought in my life that I would own farm animals and definitely not goats! Some friends of ours have milking goats and my husband had brought some milk home for me to try. I did NOT want to try it. There was no way I was going to drink something from a goat. I started doing some research and found that 75% of the world drinks goat milk. Its quite healthy for you and babies can even drink goats milk instead of formula. After doing my research I had my husband pour me a glass of store milk and a glass of goats milk. I drank both and thought there was very little difference. After that I was onboard for buying goats. They have been very good goats. We have two milking goats and one male goat. I will have to get a picture of the male. His horns are amazing.
E loves to help me milk them. She is quite good at it too.
So far we have made ice cream and butter besides the normal cooking and drinking it. We get about a gallon and a half a day from the two goats.
Milking the goats started out as a long project. It would take me about an hour to milk the two goats. This gave E time to play in the dirt and have fun outside. C would sit in the stroller and be happy watching. Now I am able to milk both goats in about 15 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment