Sunday, July 21, 2013

Chickens

 One of my biggest fears in my life are birds! They scare me, they don't have eyelids and they are fast and don't have arms. They are just weird looking and I am afraid they are going to peck me. My husband's sister called us one day and told us one of the classes at the school she teaches at was going to be hatching eggs and wanted to see if we would like some of the chickens. The thought of healthy farm fresh eggs sounds so nice but I wasn't sure I wanted the chickens that came with it. My husband was very excited at the idea. I have to say the baby chicks were cute. (I pet one or two of them but could not hold them) but the adults are ugly. There is one rooster in the group and he is learning his voice. He sounds like an ahooga horn and is trying to compete with the other roosters in the morning around 5am. It does make me laugh. I am proud of myself though, I have helped feed them and corral them every morning as they have been flying out of the pen my husband made. They still terrify me though.



No comments:

Post a Comment