Thursday, March 13, 2014

The kitchen is coming along once again

After a long wait I finally got my countertops!! It is so nice to have something sturdy and pretty to work on. We chose silestone due to its durability and not having to be sealed. I love them.
 
 

We still need to add the beadboard and wainscoting to the island.




 It took me a couple of weeks to work on the backsplash and I don't have a finished picture yet. (It is done though)



Until we moved to this house, I under appreciated light switches. I went about 7 months without having a switch to my garbage disposal. I had to climg under the sink and squeeze the plug into a place where it would not fit between the outlet and the disposal. It was not fun. So I was so excited when my husband installed this. I still get giddy when I need to use it.



This is the idea for the back of th island with the wider beadboard and the wainscoting overtop. I am not sure what color we will do yet. I think we are leaning towards just white.


No comments:

Post a Comment